Could You Volunteer for Us?

If you represent a Local Charity, please feel free to mention them here, including any requests for help you may need.

Could You Volunteer for Us?

Postby Home-Start » Mon Jan 12, 2009 3:27 pm

"Across the UK more than 15,000 Home-Start volunteers visit families at home each week, supporting parents in situations as diverse as isolation, bereavement, multiple births, illness, disability or who are just finding parenting a struggle. They provide non-judgemental practical and emotional support and help build the family’s confidence and ability to cope. Home-Start runs more services and has more volunteers supporting more families than any other family support charity in the UK".

Before our volunteers are placed with a family they participate in a 10 week accredited preparation course. Our next course commences the week beg January 26th. We are currently looking for volunteers and encourage those interested to contact our Llanelli office for an information pack - 01554 770808.

Peoples motivations for volunteering are vast. We have found that one of the additional benefits of volunteering for Home-Start is that volunteers increase their skills profile and increase in confidence. Some have even gone on to find paid employment.

I have attached a link to our national site for your information:

Please do not hesitate to contact me on 01267 224220. I am available to speak to community groups on request.

Many Thanks

Jamie Horton
Scheme Organiser
Home-Start Carmarthen-Llanelli
(01267 224220)

sally morris

Re: Could You Volunteer for Us?

Postby sally morris » Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:52 am

My name is Sally and I am a volunteer with Home-start. For the next couple of months Homestart is employing me to raise the awareness of Home-start across Carmarthenshire.

If you are a member of a group that I could come and talk to, to give you a more indepth idea of what is required of a volunteer, please contact me at and I would love to come and talk with you.

Sally Morris