Llanboidy Community Council Minutes 03-2016

This is where our Community has its voice, read the latest Minutes of our Community Council Meetings, let our local representatives know how they are doing, praise where it's due and constructive suggestions where necessary.
Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 133
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2009 3:29 pm
Location: Llanboidy, West Wales
Contact:

Llanboidy Community Council Minutes 03-2016

Postby Admin » Mon Jun 06, 2016 7:29 pm

Minutes of Llanboidy Community Council Meeting Held on Wednesday 02nd March 2016 at the Market Hall Llanboidy
Members Present:
Chairman – N Thomas
Councillors Present – L Davies, J Gibbin MBE, S Thomas, H Phillips, J Rees, R Williams, D Phillips and Cllr. R Llewellyn.
Apologies – D Dent
The minutes of the previous meeting were adopted as a true record; proposed by R Williams, seconded by H Phillips and agreed by all.
Declarations of Interest
None
Matters Arising
1. Traffic near the school
Cllr. Llewellyn reported that the layby has been painted to highlight that it is for buses only. The sign is in production.

2. Empty Properties- Penybont Cottages
There is potentially an issue with bats at the properties and therefore the planning application cannot be passed. A full bat survey will be carried out in May.

3. Over growing tress/hedges
J Pearce called at Glan Gronw but there wasn’t anyone home; he will call again. An improvement has been seen across the Parish.

4. Glanrhyd
A worksheet has been issued.

5. Rough road to Plas Y Bwci
This is still on the ongoing CCC works programme.

6. Parsonage Hill
This work will be completed but there is no idea of when.

7. Horse/Children warning signs
This issue is in hand.

8. Extension of pipe at Trebleidded Junction
A drain also needs putting in, that is in addition to the ditching work.

9. Subsiding Hedge
Highway support will be out to look at the issue.

10. Drain on the left hand side of the road past Penrhallt, Llanboidy
This drain is still blocked.

11. Castell Bach
Cllr. R Llewellyn has reported illegal dumping to the democratic services; they have a duty to respond within 10 days.

12. Development at Rhiw Las, Abbey Road
A hearing will be held on the 15th May in Carmarthen. There will be an opportunity for those who spoke previously to speak again if required. Richard Jones is going to write a report for CCC which will include points made by the Councillors and the report that was sent in. It was decided that that the Councillors would read the report by Richard Jones and then decide if they need to speak.
A response from CCC had been received regarding the issue of people living on the land; it stated that ‘enforcement powers are discretionary and due to the submission of an appeal, it is considered formal action is currently not expedient to pursue against the residential use.’

13. Pavement between upper and lower village
N Thomas to speak to Angela Burns regarding the issue.

14. Signposts for footpath
No developments.

15. Sunken road by the bridge in lower Llanboidy
Cllr. R Llewellyn reported that the work had not been done due to staff shortages; it will be done once a crew become available.

16. Height Sign on Pont Y Fenni Bridge
The sign has been ordered.

17. Sunken grid in road past Blaensarngoch
A work sheet has been issued by CCC.

18. Access around Market Hall Llanboidy
Cllr. R Llewellyn to speak to Howell Humphreys (District valuer) to see if he can give a price for the land.

19. 6” step in the road by a water grate up from the top of Rhos Hill
No developments.

20. Unsuitable for motor Vehicles’ sign for Rhiw Serth
This is in J McAvoy’s hands.

21. The road from Cefnypant towards Tower is very dirty.
J Pearce says that the road is clear at present; he has been given a list of the owners names.

22. Drains on the road going up out of Llanboidy are blocked with leaves.
Awaiting jetter to attend to the drains.

23. Disabled pull cord in Public Conveniences.
R Llewellyn has reported this to the H&S Unit and is awaiting a response.

24. Blocked drain at Beili Mawr
This has been reported to J Pearce but has not been cleared yet.

25. Accident at Groesffordd
This has been reported to J Pearce.

26. Drain across the road from the soakaway near to Maencoch entrance is blocked.
J Pearce will be out to inspect the outlet from the field.

27. Public Convenience lights
It was reported that the lights are sometimes on until late at night. The clerk was asked to speak to the caretaker and also to speak to CCC regarding having sensors fitted.

28. Annual Dinner will be held on 15th April at Caffi Beca.

Correspondence
• CCC – Invoice for footway and lighting charges 2015/16. See accounts for payment.
• Radio Glangwili – Request for financial assistance. £100 awarded, see accounts for payment.
• Simon Hart MP – Information and invitation to attend meeting to discuss the role out of Superfast Broadband across the constituency with BT. N Thomas to attend the meeting on behalf of the council on Wednesday 6th April at 6pm at Whitland Memorial Hall.
• Teenage Cancer Trust Wales – Information and request for financial assistance. None awarded.
• Cruse bereavement Care - Information and request for financial assistance. None awarded.
• Western Power Distribution – Certificate of unmetered supply for Festive Christmas Lighting 2015/16.
• Royal welsh Agricultural Society Carmarthenshire Advisory Committee – Information and request for financial support as Carmarthenshire will be the featured county in 2017. None awarded at present (file away for future).
• Lloyds Bank – Information regarding changes to accounts.
• One Voice Wales – Minutes of Liaison Forum.
• Urdd - Information and request for financial assistance. None awarded.
• Ceredigion Citizens Advice - Information and request for financial assistance. None awarded.
Planning
No planning applications received.

Cllr. R Llewellyn reported that planning had been granted at Dyffryn Brodyn and Glasnant.

Accounts for Payments
CCC – Footway and lighting charges 2015/16, £1896.62. Cheque no. 000752. Payment proposed by S Thomas, seconded by H Phillips and agreed by all.
Mrs E M Williams – Caretaker’s salary (Jan – Mar 2016), £705 (£250 weekend / £455 for weekdays, 65 days). Cheque no. 000753. Payment proposed by J Gibbin MBE, seconded by H Phillips and agreed by all.
Miss K Richards - Clerk’s salary (Jan – Mar 2016), £300. Cheque no. 000754. Payment proposed by J Gibbin MBE, seconded by H Phillips and agreed by all.
HMRC – Tax on clerk’s salary, £70. Cheque no. 000755. Payment proposed by J Gibbin MBE, seconded by H Phillips and agreed by all.
Miss K Richards – Clerk’s expenses 2015/16, £200. Cheque no. 000756. Payment proposed by J Gibbin MBE, seconded by H Phillips and agreed by all.
Radio Glangwili – Grant, £100. Cheque no. 000757. Payment proposed by S Thomas, seconded by D Phillips and agreed by all.
Any Other Business
• L Davies reported that there were potholes on the Abbey road.
• H Phillips reported that there are dangerous holes on the left as you pass Maencoch.
• D Phillips reported that the road is being washed away making it very narrow between Plasbach and Glan Afon.
• N Thomas reported that there are many ditches that need clearing; everything is currently running down the roads. Cllr. R Llewellyn reported that CCC does not own a ditcher to carry out such work.
• The clerk informed the Council that Rhys Davies was no longer a member of the council as he had failed to attend a meeting since July 2015. The clerk would speak to CCC Electoral Services to organise the advertisement of this position.

LLANBOIDY COMMUNITY COUNCIL
I HEREBY GIVE YOU NOTICE that an ordinary meeting of the Community Council will be held on Wednesday 6th April 2016 at the Llanboidy Market Hall, Llanboidy at 8.00pm.
Agenda
1 Confirm Minutes
2 Declarations of Interest
3 Matters Arising
4 Correspondence
5 Planning
6 Accounts for Payment
7 Any Other Business