Page 1 of 1

Llanboidy Community Council Minutes 05-2016

Posted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 7:38 pm
by Admin
Minutes of Llanboidy Community Council Meeting Held on Wednesday 4th May 2016 at the Market Hall Llanboidy
Members Present:
Chairman – D Dent
Councillors Present – L Davies, J Gibbin MBE, S Thomas, N Thomas, J Rees, R Williams, D Phillips, H Phillips and Cllr. R Llewellyn.
The minutes of the previous meeting were adopted as a true record; proposed by J Rees seconded by R Williams and agreed by all.
Declarations of Interest
D Phillips declared an interest in the matter pertaining to Cilerwydd.
N Thomas, J Gibbin MBE, N Thomas, L Davies, D Phillips, J Rees, H Phillips and R Williams declared an interest in the matter concerning the Market Hall Llanboidy.
Matters Arising
1. Traffic near the school
J Rees reported that he felt that there should be no parking outside of the old school due to safety. It was also reported that there had been a collision outside the school. Cllr. R Llewellyn would pass this information on. The clerk was asked to invite J McAvoy to the next meeting to discuss the issue.

2. Empty Properties- Penybont Cottages
D Phillips reported that the properties would be monitored to ascertain if bats were present.

3. Over growing tress/hedges
The proprietor of Glan Gronw had not cut the trees as of yet.

4. Glanrhyd
As discussed in the previous meeting.

5. Rough road to Plas Y Bwci
As discussed in the previous meeting.

6. Parsonage Hill
As discussed in the previous meeting.

7. Horse/Children warning signs
Cllr R Llewellyn required clarification before speaking to J McAvoy.

8. Extension of pipe at Trebleidded Junction
Not done as yet.

9. Subsiding Hedge
The road down from Pencnwc is on the works programme for this year.

10. Drain on the left hand side of the road past Penrhallt, Llanboidy
Drain still requires repairing.

11. Development at Rhiw Las, Abbey Road
Cllr R Llewellyn would like to know who would like to speak at the hearing on the 18th May to represent the community. N Thomas had received a response from A Burns.

12. Pavement between upper and lower village
N Thomas had received a response from A Burns with details of funding sources available; these would be looked at next year.

13. Signposts for footpath
D Dent to find out from R Davies if the signs have been erected.

14. Height Sign on Pont Y Fenni Bridge
The sign has been ordered.

15. Sunken grid in road past Blaensarngoch
A work sheet has been issued by CCC and the work will be completed.

16. Access around Market Hall Llanboidy
The hall committee had not yet had an opportunity to meet to discuss the proposal.

17. 6” step in the road by a water grate up from the top of Rhos Hill
The work has not yet been completed.

18. Unsuitable for motor Vehicles’ sign for Rhiw Serth
The sign has been ordered.

19. The road from Cefnypant towards Tower is very dirty.
Cllr R Llewellyn had not had an opportunity to speak to J Pearce as of yet.

20. Drains on the road going up out of Llanboidy are blocked with leaves.
This work has not yet been completed.

21. Disabled pull cord in Public Conveniences.
The caretaker would be asked to check the alarm on a monthly basis, the clerk to create a check sheet. The clerk was also asked to add the PC’s onto the risk assessment.

22. Blocked drain at Beili Mawr
The drain will have to be dug up and replaced.

23. Public Convenience lights
The clerk reported that the County Council would put the lights on timers.

24. Potholes on the Abbey road
Some of the potholes have been filled.

25. Dangerous holes on the left passed Maencoch
This issue has been reported to the County Council.

26. Narrow between Plasback and Glan Afon
Water has washed one side of the road away.

27. Council Vacancy
The clerk had been informed that only one person had come forward, Mrs J Kedward, Hafod, Llanboidy. Mrs Kedward was co-opted into the council and the clerk was asked to inform her. The clerk was asked to contact the democratic services to find out what the appropriate way was to deal with the fact the meetings are held in welsh and Mrs Kedward is not welsh speaking.

28. Potholes on Soar Hill
This work has been done. Matter closed.

29. Car parking on pavement outside the flats
The car is no longer parking on the pavement.

30. Planning at Cilerwydd
D Phillips declared an interest. Cllr. R Llewellyn reported that there would be a joint meeting between housing and planning to discuss the issue. Many complaints have been received. D Phillips would like the issue resolved so that he can begin work.

31. Blocked drain opposite Soar Cottage
Drain is still blocked. Cllr R Llewellyn to report to J Pearce.
Correspondence
Zurich – Invoice and insurance documents for 2016/17.
Trinity Chapel – Thanks and receipt for the £500 grant awarded.
Carmarthenshire County Council – Information document regarding the fact that care and support in Wales is changing.
Simon Hart MP – Letter regarding broadband meeting.
St Brynach Church – Thanks and receipt for £1000 grant awarded.
Carmarthenshire County Council – Change in language category for Ysgol Gyfun Gymraeg Bro Myrddin.
Cylch Meithrin Ffynnonwen – Request for financial assistance. £250 proposed by S Thomas, seconded by J Gibbin MBE and agreed by all
Llanboidy Market Hall – Request for financial assistance. Dispensation to speak and vote has been applied for.
NHS - Transforming Mental Health Services information letter.
Carmarthenshire County Council – Precept remittance advice, £5451.63.

Planning
No planning.

Accounts for Payments
Zurich Municipal – Insurance 2016/17. £931.81. Cheque no. 000763. Payment proposed by N Thomas, seconded by S Thomas and agreed by all.
SWALEC – Unmetered electricity charges (Christmas Lighting) £2.39. Cheque no. 000762. Payment proposed by S Thomas, seconded by J Gibbin MBE and agreed by all.
Cylch Meithrin Ffynnonwen - £250 grant. Cheque no. 000764.
Any Other Business
H Phillips reported that water has washed away the road at the bottom of Ddol Hill making the road narrow on the turn.
All councillors had read and agreed to the updated code of conduct. The relevant paperwork was signed.
It was decided that Mr W Evans would once again be asked to audit the accounts.

LLANBOIDY COMMUNITY COUNCIL
I HEREBY GIVE YOU NOTICE that an ordinary meeting of the Community Council will be held on Wednesday 1st June 2016 at the Llanboidy Market Hall, Llanboidy at 8.00pm.
Agenda
1 Confirm Minutes
2 Declarations of Interest
3 Matters Arising
4 Correspondence
5 Planning

ERECTION OF AGRICULTURAL STORAGE BUILDING
LAND AT, BRO EFAIL, EFAILWEN, CLUNDERWEN, SA66 7XH
MR & MRS BLETHYN, BRO EFAIL, EFAILWEN, CLUNDERWEN, SA66 7XH
,
6 Accounts for Payment
7 Any Other Business